British Vogue, February 2009, p. 111

I'm very shy about my work, which is a bit ironic in an industry where you rise and fall on people's opinions, but I will try to share some of my stuff every now and then.

In Fashion Illustration, our latest brief was to find a fashion image in a magazine with a great pose and lots of light and shadows, then render it in three ways: (1) a detailed pencil sketch, (2) a stencil in gouache, and (3) a wash in ink refined with a black pen. This is my second piece, I have been avoiding doing the third one because I'm not very good with washes.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, its excellent! If I had your talent I'd be sharing my work non-stop :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that... is... INCREDIBLE. i love it! i want to print it out and put it on my wall! wow! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really striking!!! Such bold lines and shapes. I especially love her hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. post more things!! this is awesome!! i wanna see more :) put up some picture of the clothes you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm...I think it's AH-MAZING! And BEAUTIFUL! and STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely brilliant, you've caught the light and shade perfectly. You should post more :)

    Amy xo
    http://www.desirable.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you kidding me? this is insanely good!! you have to keep drawing :)

    ReplyDelete