Head In The Clouds

Just in time for the Spring Racing Carnival here in Melbourne...

Ryan Wilde is an ex-ballet dancer turned milliner. Her interest in hats stemmed from her travels as a teenager in England and Ireland, where she fell in love with the "Ascot" style hats that women wore to the races. Miss Wilde subsequently befriended Isabella Blow, who encouraged her to pursue her millinery dreams. After graduating from Syracuse University, Miss Wilde went on to work at Chanel and study millinery at The Fashion Institute of Technology. Her first collection in Spring 2006 was immediately snatched up by Patricia Field and The Hat Shop on Thompson Street, and she has since been featured in Vogue, W, The New Yorker and other magazines.

I've been trying to figure out how I could possibly replicate this on my own...

Photo credits: http://ryanwilde.com/

4 comments:

  1. I love that first one! It's gorgeous - I want to wear it now!

    And...I'm tagging you :) See my blog for details...

    Hope you're having a good day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could do that bow pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the socialite & chloe: Isn't it breathtaking? Why don't ladies wear hats anymore?!?

    enc: We shall see about that, I've decided to attempt some millinery for my fashion school portfolio! :p

    ReplyDelete