The first in my fur series was this pencil sketch of Raquel Zimmerman from an old French Vogue. The pose is a little raunchy but the textures were really interesting to draw. I used a 2B, 4B and 6B to render it. Next up: black ink and mixed media!
This was my first fashion illustration of the year...We had to choose two figures from different editorials and render them using mixed media. I am really averse to color but my teacher is the in-house illustrator for Collette Dinnigan and she has already passed on some great tips that give me hope for improvement this year!
Right now I'm working on a series of fur drawings - will post them when they're finished. xx
"I want this to be a company that lives way beyond me, and I believe that customers are more important to making that happen than press. When I’m dead, hopefully this house will still be going." - Lee Alexander McQueen
Today we start pattern-making for our swimwear individual! We only have a week before our first and only model fittings, and then two weeks after that to sew it all...so I guess I am kind of in "rush" mode. :)
P.S. If you're interested, this girl graduated from my school last year.
What a style icon! Check out the Marie Claire editor's slick NYC pad and her Q&A with Refinery29 here.A snippet:What are your five key wardrobe pieces, things you wear constantly?
1. "Burberry trench coats, a great classic staple for fall or spring."
2. "Madewell destroyed boyfriend jeans, I dress them up with my YSL heels for the office, or down with sneakers for traveling."
3. "Punkrose leopard print sneakers, my go-to for days when my feet can't take anything over 5 inches."
4. "Chanel bag, I just got a large 2.55 after years of lusting after it. This one is the perfect carryall. My other tiny Chanel bags were always exploding with all the stuff I would try to pack in them."
5. "My Rick Owens leather jacket, I can mix it with anything for an edgier effect. They are so expensive, but I stay on their radar and email list to make sure I'm always there for the sales."