I Heart Weddings

First, let me say that I don't plan on getting married anytime soon...but I do love weddings. I love unfolding invitations on thick letter-pressed stationary. I love any excuse to get dolled up in a floaty frock and bejeweled heels. I love the solemnity of the ceremonies and watching relatives get teary. I love sitting at a table full of rambunctious friends at the reception. I love eating course after course of mouth-watering food. And I love living it up on the dance floor next to the groom's cousin's second-favorite great-step-aunt.

There's no doubt that Vera Wang is the queen of high fashion weddings. The Sex And The City movie paid tribute to her fit-for-a-princess gowns, and the new Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway movie Bride Wars culminates in a celebration of Vera Wang-designed tulle and duchess satin. I recently discovered that her wedding website not only offers brides-to-be a beautiful guide to planning the perfect day - but also some lovely black and white photography that really captures the romance and celebration of marriage....Break out the tissues, ladies.

12 comments:

  1. I love weddings, I love the whole kiboodle: the dress, bridesmaids, cake, weird powerpoint presentations by your maid of honor during dinner, the opening dance, the gifts... I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the pictures are quite breath taking! Have you seen the movie Bride Wars yet? Great flick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm engaged so I can't get enough of wedding pictures...etc. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, these pictures are beautiful. i love black and white, makes it even more romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are so gorgeous! I love how they're captured in black and white - so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. veryy pretty pictures!

    p.s. please share your happy list! email me you list and any images you would like me to include (if you have some free time)

    thanks!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and romantic image! I love love love love love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Bride Wars the other night! I watched both my older brothers get married in 2008 - two months apart! They were both magical weddings. Lovely pics btw, thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much do I love weddings!? I saw Bride Wars even though I knew it wouldn't be that great---just because I wanted to drool over the gowns, the flowers, everything!

    Vera is, of course, the QUEEN of all things wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not getting married anytime soon either - no desire either - but I do love to look at wedding ideas! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love weddings too!! Fabulous, dreamy pics here!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  12. the black and white photos are so romantic!

    ReplyDelete