The Weird Wide World of Salvador Dalí

I am a HUGE Salvador Dalí fan. I think his stuff is amazing. A couple of years ago I went to the Dalí Museum in Figueras, Catalunya (Spain) and it was like going down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland - a totally, well, surreal world. The building is bright red with yellow studs in a diamond-shaped pattern on the exterior walls, and giant gold eggs along the roof guttering. Inside it's all brick walls with a glass ceiling to shed light on his sculptures, and his sketches and paintings are displayed along narrow corridors. I was so swept away, I wanted to take photos of EVERYTHING. If you're ever in that part of the globe, it's worth making the trek (I think it's a 3-4 hour drive from Barcelona...I can't be too sure though because I fell asleep on the bus).





I think I like his art because it's a form of escapism - I'm pretty conservative, so I find the craziness fascinating and a little dangerous. That's what good art is meant to do - push your boundaries.

Photo credits:
http://www.allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment