Eduard Erlikh for Balenciaga

I love the simplicity of these fashion illustrations by Eduard Erikh. They look easy to draw but they're so not! First off, it's really difficult to create a figure in one seamless, fluid line, as he's done here. (Try it. If you're like me, you'll just come up with what one of my instructors called "chicken scratch".) It's also incredible how much detail and mood has been created with a trifecta of tonalities - black, gray and white. And I love how the figures are very abstract but they exude movement, like models walking towards you down the runway.
I'm having a bit of an identity crisis in terms of coming up with my own fashion illustration style but I'm keen to try out something similar using watercolor paints!

Photo credits: http://www.erlikh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment